An annotated bibliography is a bibliography with notes that summarise and explain the relevance of each bibliographic entry (see p. 143 of textbook for more information). This assessment uses the CUC100 core readings to move into the next important stage in writing a persuasive essay, which is to apply relevant information from published academic literature to:
1. Build your understanding of the topic
2. Find credible evidence for supporting the ideas in your final essay.
The CUC100 core readings will build your knowledge of key sustainability concepts and provide approaches to developing sustainable responses to concerns. We will also identify how the readings relate to your chosen scenario and scope. This assessment allows you to practise essential academic skills: reading, notetaking, summarising and writing an annotated bibliography in the correct format.
For each core reading in CUC100 this semester:
• Write a heading that is the reading’s complete and correct APA reference (See the APA referencing guide on the CDU library website). Present these in alphabetical order by the author’s surname.
• Write a 200 word summary paragraph that summarises and paraphrases the key ideas and/or arguments in the core reading. (Use your own words; do not quote from the reading.)
• Write a 200 word commentary paragraph that explains the links between the core reading to your chosen scenario and scope. To do this, explain: how and why this source is relevant to your chosen scenario; what information, sections, themes or examples are the most relevant ones? For example, are they relevant because they help define or explain an aspect of your scenario or do they provide solutions or that could be applied to your scenario?
• For details on setting up your Word document for this assessment, open the link to “Formatting Guidelines for Assessments 2 & 4” through the “Assessment Tasks” link on the CUC100 Learnline site menu.
This assessment requires you to use only the core readings provided for CUC100. These core readings can be downloaded from the CUC100 Learnline site under “Readings”. We will work on the summaries and commentaries for each of the core readings in Weeks 4 and 5. In Week 6, we will demonstrate how an annotated bibliography should be presented. Guidelines and examples of how to present an annotated bibliography are also provided in the Week 6 Learning Materials and Chapter 6 (p. 146) of our textbook (Rolls & Wignell, 2015).
• Follow the task guidelines above, as well as the guidelines for writing an annotated bibliography as provided in our Week 6 Learning Materials. Refer to your textbook for extra information, hints and tips on the appropriate structure.
• Follow correct referencing conventions to present each core reading’s details as the heading for that section of your annotated bibliography. The most up-to-date guidelines for APA referencing style are found on the CDU library website: http://libguides.cdu.edu.au/cdureferencing.
• Do not add a separate reference list at the end of your annotated bibliography. There should be no in-text citations within an annotated bibliography.
• Remember that the sections of your annotated bibliography should be presented in alphabetical order according to the surnames of the leading authors of the core readings.
• Use only the two core readings provided in Learnline for CUC100.
Case Analysis Assignment Help,Professional case study writing services,Professional coursework writing service,Online assignment help companies,Business case study writing services,Case study assignment help online,Case study assignment writer,Data analysis case study,Digital marketing case study