You are a co-Director of a small clothing manufacturer in
Hong Kong, producing high quality women’s clothing which is sold to independent designer stores in major cities within China.
You have a small team of machinists working on exclusive designs which your in-house designer develops for each upcoming season. Currently, quality procedures are informal and what is deemed to be acceptable with regards to quality, left to individual machinists and their team leader to determine. Recently, there has been an increase in the number of returns for faulty products whilst imported clothing from abroad of improving quality has been squeezing your profit margins and challenging your turnover.
Your partner and you have decided that since there are likely to be further factors impacting on the marketplace both now and in the foreseeable future and that given your management training, you should undertake a full environmental analysis and make proposals regarding the organisations future strategic direction. Because this is being written for yourself and your business partner, an informal report is required.
You do not need to undertake extensive research into the women’s clothing sector where you live and/or work but do look at the environment generally and consider what the key issues are likely to be. So what research do you need to do?
1. You should write this assignment as an informal report.
• write this assignment in an informal report format
• split into the sections which correspond to the task numbering
• Not necessary to include a contents page, introduction, executive summary or conclusion in your informal report.
2. You must ensure that the submitted assignment is all your own work and that all sources used are correctly attributed. Penalties apply to assignments which show evidence of academic unfair practice. (See the Student Handbook which is in the Induction Area). Please also refer to the ‘Guide to Unfair Practice in Assessment’ on the module page on ilearn.
• Do not copy the Questions, AC etc. This will increase your tii %.
• Do not use materials/work you have done in previous modules eg Strategic change or TQM. This will increase your tii% and be considered as self-plagiarism. This is the policy: On self plagiarism. If he quotes the source, it isn’t plagiarism. But would give it zero credit for lack of originality. A student can’t expect to do one piece of work and get credit for it in more than one module. Likewise if someone does an entirely cut and pasted assessment but references correctly, it still ought to score zero for lack of originality.
• Plagiarism is copying other peoples’ work.
• Other people’s work includes: ° Published work (including published on the internet) ° Another student's work ° Work written for you by someone else
• Other people’s work includes quoting their exact words ° You should put quotations using exact words in quote marks and give reference with page number
• Other peoples; work also includes using their ideas, theories, tables, charts, structures etc. ° You should give references here – if in doubt, give a reference
Guidelines 3. You MUST underpin your
analysis and evaluation of the key issues with appropriate and wide ranging academic research and ensure this is referenced using the Bournemouth University (BU) Harvard system. The ‘My Study Skills’ area contains the following useful resources; Study Skills Guide (containing a BU Harvard Referencing section) and a BU Harvard Referencing Interactive Tutorial. You must use the BU Harvard Referencing method in your assignment. ]
4. You should use diagrams and tables of figures where appropriate ensuring to reference their source using the BU Harvard Referencing method. UK tutor will check this: Does the evidence submitted meet college/awarding body guidelines on good academic practice (reference, citation, bibliography)
Student Guidelines 5.
You are required to write your assignment within 3,500 words in order for your research and summarising skills to be developed, and for effective time management. You are required to ensure that the assignment addresses all of the assessment tasks. In the interests of good academic practice, an assignment submitted with excessive word counts (i.e. more than 10% in excess of the limit) will be returned to you. You may be given a maximum of 48 hours to edit the work to reduce the word count to the permitted maximum. In the event that the submission is still regarded as excessively long then, in line with advice received from Pearson, we will be unable to accept it for marking and you will receive a Refer grade for Non-Submission. The word count excludes the title page, reference list and appendices. Where assessment questions have been reprinted from the assessment brief these will also be excluded from the word count. ALL other printed words ARE included in the word count. Printed words include those contained within charts and tables. 6. Your assignment should be submitted as a single document. For more information please see the “Guide to Submitting an Assignment” document available on the module page on iLearn.
With reference to your hypothetical organisation, explain the importance of effective operations management in achieving organisational objectives and consider, with reference to the literature and the case study, how you can evaluate the success of operations management processes in meeting overall organisational strategic objectives.
(AC1.1, AC1.2) 1.1 Explain the importance of effective operations management in achieving organisational objectives 1.2 Evaluate the success of existing operations management processes in meeting an organisation’s overall strategic management objectives Quality can be defined as “a distinctive attribute or characteristic possessed by someone or something” (Oxford English Dictionary online, 2011). With reference to the same case study, explain why quality management is important and how quality is likely to be managed.
There is clearly an issue with quality within the organisation, with reference to the literature and the case study consider how you can evaluate the effectiveness of quality management processes in meeting organisational objectives? (AC2.1, AC2.2) 2.1 Explain the importance of effective quality management in achieving organisational objectives 2.2 Evaluate the success of existing quality management processes in meeting an organisation’s overall strategic management objectives
marketing assignment, marketing management assignment, marketing management assignment help, digital marketing assignment help, marketing assignment help online, marketing homework help, marketing assignment writing, online marketing assignment help, strategic marketing assignment help, online marketing assignment, marketing assignment writing service, international marketing assignment help, marketing mix assignment help, marketing homework assignment