SAMPLE & FORMAT OF A RESUME
Tan Kumar Ali
Jul 1998 to Jun 2001
Jan 1994 to Dec 1997
May 2000 to Jun 2000
To pursue a career in Business & Commerce with focus on Sales & Marketing with special emphasis on client & customer services & needs assessment.
Diploma in Marketing with Merit
Obtained A’s in 5 out of 10 Marketing modules.
Awarded a Book Prize for Marketing Management in 2nd Year.
GCE “O” level (Science Stream)
Obtained a Distinction in E Maths and Credits in English Language, Mother Tongue, Chemistry, Physics, Add Maths and Geography
Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking & housekeeping
Achievements: was commended and given a testimonial for good work performance and positive attitude.
May 1999 – Jun 1999
Nov 1998 – Dec 1998
OVERSEAS INDUSTRIAL PLACEMENT PROGRAM (OIPP)
Jan 20001 – Mar 2001
1999 - 2000
Administrative Assistant, Pico Art Int’l Pte Ltd
Assisted in general administrative work in Marketing dept.
Achievements: helped the marketing dept to create a marketing library and database to store marketing related materials.
Assigned to the Toy dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking & housekeeping
Achievements: received very good customer feedback in helping customers locate their items through special orders.
· IT Competency – proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SPSS
· Web-centric Competency – able to design web page using FrontPage and Microsoft Composer
· IT Research Competency - proficient in the use of Internet and on-line retrieval systems for information research
· Attached overseas for 12 weeks under NYP’s Overseas Industrial Placement Program (OIPP) – attached to Nippon Travel,
· Assisted as a Guide Assistant and itinerary planning as part of my project work there
· Attached to Teaching Enterprise Project (TEP) for one semester in 2nd year of diploma – attached to the various Business Centres within campus such as Marketing Services Centre (MSC), Tour & Travel Centre (TTC), and Business Process Outsourcing Services (BPOS)
· Involved in a client’s market research for SMRT and business process mapping for a local insurance company.
COURSE PROJECTS (SBD, IB & SPECIAL PROJECT)
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (CRM)
CORE CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
1999 – 2001
1994 - 1997
Successfully completed and presented group projects for modules such as :
· Small Business Development (SBD)
Project Title: “Setting up a One-Stop Computer Shop in Suntec”
· International Business II (IBII)
Project Title : “E-commerce: Marketing in a borderless world in the service industry”
· *Special Project
Project Title: “Customer Relationship Management in Ken Air”
(Course projects are available for viewing)
*This is offered to selected better performing students only.
Successfully completed Customer Relationship Management module which included 10 hours of practical sessions in the CRM Call Centre Laboratory.
Secretary - Nanyang Polytechnic Students’ Union
Participated in inter-diploma debate (1999) – preliminary and semi-final
Assisted in NYP Open House (1998 & 1999)
Patrol Leader - Girl Guides
Member of school volleyball team – represented school in National competition – clinched 2nd prize in 1996
Class Monitor – 1996 & 1997
· Learned the importance of tact in Sales Assistant job. Commended by Sales Supervisor for diplomacy with customers and staff.
· Learned the importance of team player when working on projects with various teams.
· Learned real life working experience during overseas attachment and TEP
· Learned to question, listen and present during class tutorial and discussion.
· Learned Japanese as a foreign language during 2nd year.
English and Mandarin (Spoken & Written)
Developed a strong interest in health and physical fitness while studying in the Polytechnic. Enjoy swimming and trekking.
Mrs Evelyn Tan
100 - Completed OrdersHire Me