This assignment is to be discussed every week about half-an-hour during lab hours with the tutors. Students are required to configure server using Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 by following all the requirements specifies in the below mentioned case study. A user documentation report has to be submitted on Moodle, which should contain the important steps of the configuration with respective screenshots. Also, there will be demonstration for the whole scenario in Week-11 lab class. The presence of all group members is mandatory.
Windows Server with multiple domains
Form a group of three students and inform your laboratory tutor of the names and student IDs of your group members. Assume that your group has been employed by the client company, as described below, to develop a networked system for their required services given in the scenario below.
Groovy Movies is a video rental business requiring to setup a LAN for their office which is located in Perth. They have three different departments named Inventory, Finance and Customer Service. There are 50 employees working in this company in different departments. All objects belonging to these departments should have their own Organisation Unit (OU). The company wants multiple domains with windows server. They require you to implement the following technologies in their LAN:
· Centralized user authentication for different domains (Active Directory)
· Configure a DHCP to acquire automatic IP address.
· Company to host a website as well so a separate IIS server is also required
· There will be two different domains. One is allocated for the administrator and the other is allocated for everyone else.
· Your configuration should reflect the above criteria and display different privileges assigned to the different domains.
After creation of a child domain, you will see the following:
Your assignment should be completed according to the General Guidelines for Presentation of academic work. Your submission should contain the following:
1. Write a report by following a standard user documentation report template on the above case study, which should include the following:
a) A short introduction using 4-5 lines
b) Design of the Network diagram (any software can be used such as Visio, Netsim etc.)
c) Configuration of the whole project.
d) Proper labelled Screenshots from implementation.
e) Any extra feature that you have added in your project or any difficulties you faced during your project, if any.
2. Documentation should follow the standard submission guidelines as follow:
a) Front page - indicating your Group members’ names and student IDs, teaching staff (Lecturer’s and tutor’s name), a statement of what has been completed and acknowledgement of the names of all assisted you.
b) List of references used (IEEE style) – Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list. Only IEEE referencing style is acceptable for this assignment.
3. The assignment must be submitted using Moodle, one submission for your group. The page numbers of the assignment must be clear on each page. The report document must be checked for similarity through Moodle/Turnitin while submitting it. Please refer to study skills unit staff if need further assistance. Please note that only one member per group should submit the report.
4. 15 minutes per demonstration in Lab, which will cover all the features mentioned within the scope of the given scenario. All the group members will have to demonstrate. If any member of the group fails to demonstrate, he/she will lose the demonstration marks.
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders