(Please write your answer in below table. There will be no mark if no answer in the table.)
1. Information is of no value to you if you can't access it.
2. Business intelligence refers solely to information about your competitors.
3. Customer service and support functions are multi-channel.
4. Software-as-a-service (SaaS) is a delivery model in which you buy the software utright.
5. The basic approach of fuzzy logic is to assign values between 1 and 2 to vague or ambiguous information.
6. SEO improves the visibility of a Web site through the use of tags and key terms found by search engines.
7. Affiliate programs are excellent examples of a C2B e-commerce business model.
8. The C2B e-commerce business model is a true inversion of the C2C e-commerce business model.
9. A virus has the capacity to hurt the processor of a computer.
10. The objective of a denial-of-service attack is to prevent legitimate customers from accessing the target site.
Part II Multiple Choice (10marksintotal)
1. Information granularity refers to:
A. the quantity of data within the information.
B. the quality of data within the information.
C. the frequency of data within the information.
D. the extent of detail within the information.
2. At lower organizational levels, information exhibits _____ granularity.
3. ___ is a temporary holding area for the information you're working with as well as the system and application software instructions that the CPU currently needs.
4. Which of the following is true of push and pull technologies?
A. The early Web was characterized by pushing static information.
B. In push technologies, organizations provide users with standardized information.
C. In pull technologies, organizations provide users with customized information
based on each user's individual profile.
D. In pull technologies, users research, find, request, and retrieve the information
5. The Web 2.0:
A. is a technology that focuses on online collaboration, users as both creators and
modifiers of content, dynamic and customized information feeds, and many other engaging Web-based services.
B. is a computer network consisting of a collection of internet sites that offer text and graphics and sound and animation resources through the hypertext transfer protocol.
C. is a reference that points to a whole document or to a specific element within a document.
D. is a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange.
6. Data warehouses exist to support:
7. _____ is the process of reinstalling the backup information in the event the information was lost.
8. Which of the following artificial intelligence systems is capable of finding and differentiating patterns?
A. Neural networks
B. Expert systems
C. Geographic information systems
D. Decision support systems
9. _____ is a mathematical method of handling imprecise or subjective information.
A. Decision support system
B. Fuzzy logic
C. Neural network
D. Knowledge management system
10. Which of the following is an advantage of a distributed infrastructure?
A. It allows only specific locations within an infrastructure to share information and applications.
B. It ensures that each application is stored exclusively in one location to ensure information security.
C. It can allocate its processing activity to a location where it can most efficiently be done.
D. It divides an IT system into different tiers where each part performs a specific function.
Part III Short Answer Questions (20 marks in total)
Question 1 (6 marks)
What is the role of a supply chain management (SCM) system?
Supply Chain Management system is the control of the flow of raw materials and goods from the point of origin to the point of destination. It can be stated as the planning of the inter-linked network through which the raw materials will pass to the organisation and then finally to the end consumer.
Supply Chain Management has become a very important part in developing a sustainable organisation, as for the organisation to be more cost-effective, they need to have other firms to supply them the materials and then also provide the finished goods to the consumer (Hollensen, 2015, p.15). This concept has led to the start of supply chain management as an essential part of any organisation.
Few advantages of Supply Chain Management are given below :
In the context of Customer Service:
In the context of Operating Cost:
How does SCM fit into Porter’s three generic strategies?
The main goal of any business strategy is to achieve a competitive advantage over its competitors. Porter’s three generic strategies which were developed by Porter in 1990’s and it has now become an integral part of business strategy. It consists of three parts, which are:
1. Cost strategy- Cost strategy is based on achieving the lowest cost possible for all the raw materials required. Supply Chain management is used to reduce the overall production and purchasing cost of the organisation. It is only natural that all departments of the supply chain must improvise cost strategy independently to gain an overall cost reduction in the final product (Christopher, 2016, p. 15).
2. Differentiation strategy- This strategy states that any organisation can have a competitive advantage over others by developing some features in their products that are unique. Each level in the supply chain can apply this strategy to develop unique raw materials and final products that are different from its competitors.
3. Focus strategy-This strategy states that any organisation must find its target consumers and study the needs and demands of them, for a particular product it develops. All the involved departments of the supply chain can use this strategy to develop their products according to needs of the target consumer.
Question 2 (7 marks)
What are the typical functions in a CRM system? How does CRM fit into the RGT framework?
The main function of Customer Relationship Management Systems is to manage all customer related issues. CRM deals with the interaction within the organisation and finally its customers as well as provide facility to store and analyze sales data (Stadtler, 2015, p.20).
There are Five main functions of Customer Relationship Management Systems, they are Lead Capture, Prospect Tracking, Customer Tracking, Market Reporting and Service Tracking. These functions are described below:
The RGT framework identifies opportunities, which can help the organisation flourish. The RGT framework makes resource-based decisions as per the requirements of the organisation (Brandenburg, et al. 2014, p.310). There are three parts in RGT framework:
Question 2 (7 marks)
What is online transaction processing (OLTP) and what is online analytical processing (OLAP)?
OLTP is online transaction processing software which is used to facilitate the online transaction. Online transaction requires more than one organisation to be together for the transaction to be possible, for example, the service provider, the client and the bank, this facility is delivered by OLTP. There are two important parts of OLTP which needs to be maintained for any transactions to be authentic (bidw.org,2017). These parts are atomicity and concurrency. Atomicity means all the steps required for the completion of the transaction is completed as a whole. Concurrency means, data cannot be changed by a single party without the consent of the other ().
OLAP is the process of answering analytical queries online. OLAP has three major functions; they are described as given below:
Hollensen, S. (2015). Marketing management: A relationship approach, London:Pearson Education.
Christopher, M. (2016). Logistics & supply chain management, London: Pearson UK.
DOWNLOAD SAMPLE ANSWER
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders