• The assessment must be written using an industry standard software package such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Name the file using the assessment task number and then save your file.
• Ensure your submission identifies the unit code and title, the assessment task number and the name of the assessment at the top of the page. Alternatively, you may place this information in the document header.
• Add your name and student number to the headeror footer on every page.
• On completion, submit your assessment to your assessor via the LMS.
• Explain how you model high standards of performance and behaviour.
• Develop team commitment and cooperation.
• Manage team performance.
• Monitor and review team performance.
• Understand role of coaching and mentoring
• Provide recognition and rewards for team achievements.
• Complete Tasks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in Assessment D.
• Read Assessment D_Background information.
• Read the scenario and answer the questions based on this scenario.
• Go to your ‘Course files’ and open Assessment D_Background information.
• Read the information.
• Answer these questions based on the information provided.
Q1: List three behaviours that you display as manager of Warblers Café and Convention Centre, to be a role model for your team.
Q2: As manager, how can you show your support for the goals of Warblers Café and Convention Centre?
Q3: List three ways you can show your professionalism in your interactions with team members.
It is the beginning of the year and you are required to develop goals with your team. The executive management team would like you to come up with three team goals.
These goals are to be based on the organisational goals. You decide to focus on the café and its staff first. The café staff include the following full-time employees.
• Jemma – Cafe supervisor
• Lisa –Front counter server
• Travis –Front counter server
• Meg – Chef • David – Sous chef
• Sasha – Sandwich hand
• Kat – Front counterserver
• John – Sous chef
Q1: What are the long-term goals for Warblers Café and Convention Centre?
Q2: What process would you follow to determine the team goals for the café?
Q3: List three appropriate team goals?
Q4: List three appropriate goals for Jemma, the café supervisor:
• Her long-term goals are to be a manager like you one day.
• She has been with Warblers Café for two years and has been supervisor for one year.
• She has some conflicts with some team members.
• She can speak disrespectfully to some team members.
• Her customer service skills are very good.
• She needs to work on her ability to motivate her team and get the best out of them.
You have decided that you would like to run a promotion with a lunch and coffee deal for $9 to try and get more people into the cafébetween 11am and 3pm.Ideally you would like to see a 20% rise in patronage at this time, while still maintaining high customer satisfaction levels. You need to work out the following details.
• Menu items included in the deal
• Timeframes for the deal and when it will begin
• Conditions • How it will be promoted
• Promotional materials
Q1: What responsibilities do you allocate to each team member?You can allocate more than one team member for each task.
Jemma – Cafe supervisor
Lisa – Front counterserver
Travis – Front counterserver
Meg – Chef
David – Sous chef
Sasha – Sandwich hand
Kat – Front counter server
John – Sous chef
Q2: What methods of communication do you use to communicate the promotion and allocation of job roles to your team members?
Q3: What actions do you take to encourage your team to take responsibility for the role you have allocated to them?
Q4: List three ways you can encourage innovation in your team.
Q5: How do you encourage team innovation for the $9 lunch promotion task?
Q6: List three barriers to delegation.
Q7: After you have delegated the tasks for the lunch promotion, Kat the front counterserver approaches you and says that she doesn’t feel comfortable doing the task you allocated as she feels that it is your job as manager to complete the task.
She says, ‘I don’t get paid as much as you, so why should I do it?’ How do you respond to this?
Q8: After you have delegated tasks, you are told by the team working on promoting the campaign that they have not been allocated enough funds for the task they have been given.
They require more funding to print flyers and for a large sign that will be placed on the major road in front of the café.
You were only given a limited amount of money for promotion by head office. What is your response to this? What action would you take?
Q9: What do you say to the executive management team in order to highlight your team’s concerns and offer suggestions to assist your team?
Q10: After your meeting with the executive management team, you are givenmore funds for your team’s promotional activities, but only enough for the street-facing signage – not for the flyers.
Explain how you share this information with your team. Provide a script of what you say.
Q11: What other free forms of advertising can you recommend your team use instead of flyers?
Q12: What will the café’s KPIs be for the $9 lunch promotion?
Q11: How do you monitor team performance for this task?
Q12: How will you get feedback from team members about how the promotion is going?
It has been three weeks since the $9 lunch and coffee promotion has been running. It has been an overwhelming success with patronage up by 40%!
Jemma, the café supervisor, has come to you and complained that the chefs in the kitchen are getting snappy and angry when she and the other team members ask them when orders will be ready.
The front counter and server team are trying to meet the goal of making their service quicker but the chefs are not being compliant and customers are left waiting for their food! The chefs are refusing to communicate effectively with the rest of the team.
Q1: You call a meeting with the team to sort this out. What do you say in this meeting?
Q2: How do you encourage open and supportive communication?
Q3: What could you do to solve this problem?
Q4: What opportunities do you provide to each team member to improve their performance, after you observed them?
You decide to run a coaching session for Lisa, the front counterserver, so that she can improve her efficiency.
You would like to teach her how she can multi-task when completing the following tasks.
• Working the counter
• Using the register
• Serving customers
• Bringing meals and beverages to the table
• Go to your ‘Course files’ and open Assessment D_Coachingsession plan.
• Save the template locally to your computer and complete the information.
• Complete the multi-tasking coaching session for Lisa.
• Use the information provided in the Assessment D_Background informationand your workplace knowledge.
• Save and submit your template to your assessor when completed.
Q1: How do you motivate your team so that they achieve their KPIs and team goals, especially for the $9 lunch promotion task?
Q2: It has been two months since the launchof the $9 lunch promotion at Warblers Café. You are reviewing the customer numbers, total sales and customer feedback and the promotion has been an overwhelming success. The following goals have been met.
• Increase customer sales and intake by 20%. (This is up to 40%.)
• Increase efficiency in service. (Feedback from customer surveys has averaged 4.5 out of 5 stars.)
• Decrease customer wait times. (Customers surveyed said they waited less than one minute to be served and 15 minutes for meals.)
Jemma in particular has done an amazing job of overcoming all conflicts and issues with team members to create a cohesive team that works well together.
You are extremely pleased with the team at Warblers Café.
How will you acknowledge Jemma’s individual good performance to the whole team?
Q3: What other forms of rewards and recognition will you provide to the team for meeting their KPIs?
SITXHRM003 Manage People Assignment Help, management assignment help, project management assignment help, business management assignment help, business management assignment, management assignment help services, strategic management assignment help, management homework help, online SITXHRM003 Manage People Assignment Help
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders