Module Leader: TatahAmenonyoh Canvas & JIRA Deadline: Tuesday 5th February 2019 by 14.00pm
Knowledge and Understanding
1. Critically appraise the different frameworks within which organisational decisions are made.
2. Evaluate how organizations might respond to external global forces.
3. Analyse a range of theoretical concepts and apply them to practical business problems or issues.
4. Assess the factors affecting business performance in international markets.
Contribution to module assessment: 100% Academic Year: 2018/19
Assessment weighted at 100% assessing all module learning outcomes.
Prepare a management report of 3,500 to 4,000 words* on an organization within one of the following industry-sectors**:
1. Postal and courier activities
2. Programming and broadcasting activities
3. Manufacture of rubber and plastics products
4. Rental and leasing activities
5. Airline / Sea Transport (Any airline, Sea Transport and Freights etc.)
1. Note: [An organization profile must be included in your submission as “Appendix 1”.]
2. Note that the use of retail organisations is not allowed. E.g. Tesco, McDonalds, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, ASDA, LIDL and other retail organisations are not. The use of any of the retail organisation above will lead to 10% loss of the final marks on the module.
This report should assess the impact of external business environmental factors on the organization and evaluate the organization’s position and responses. In the case of a large organization it is permissible to confine your report to part of the organization. An organization’s activities may range beyond the designated industrial sector in which case the focus of your report must be on the organization’s activities within the designated sector.
* You are advised to write between 3.500 and 4,000 words and the word limit is 4,000 words. This word limit does not include the title page, the executive summary, the contents page, the organization profile, tables, diagrams, appendices or references. You must include an accurate word count on your title page.
** According to the “International Standard Industrial Classification of All Economic Activities”
Give a brief overview of the primary external influences to which the organization is subject and briefly explain the particular importance of each to the organization.
This first task should contribute no more than one third of your overall report.
Choose one of the following themes:
1. International Technology Transfer
2. Incremental and Radical Innovation
3. Marketing Communications Mix
4. Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
In relation to your chosen theme:
i. Analyse its relevance to your chosen organization and how it influences policies and decision-making within your chosen organization or industry-sector.
ii. Critically evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s response.
iii. (If possible and appropriate) demonstrate some areas for improvement in the response of the organization.
Whatever organization you choose and whichever theme you chose, you must clearly demonstrate knowledge and understanding from research and reading wider than that contained in the module pack and core textbook. This is a REPORT and so must be presented in business report format and style. You must also structure your report to cover the tasks including points 2.i to 2.iii above. This is an academic piece of work therefore you are expected to link theory and practice. You should take care to ensure that the work you submit has a high standard of presentation. This is an individual assignment. You must acknowledge your sources of information and evidence using the Harvard referencing system. All assignments are subject to the University’s regulations on
collusion and plagiarism and must be submitted in electronic form for checking on Canvas for Turnitin and the Turnitin report must be submitted to JIRA along with your assignment.
For further information regarding Assessment Regulations, extenuating circumstances or extensions and academic integrity, please refer to your Programme Handbook on the University of Sunderland in London information page on Canvas.
Please access your reading list from the library website. To access it, please go to https://moduleresources.sunderland.ac.uk/ and search for your module.
There are currently two steps that you need to follow to ensure that you successfully submit your work for marking. Your submission links will become available approximately 3 weeks prior to your submission deadline, along with detailed instructions on how to submit your assignment, but in the meantime please feel free to also watch this Assignment Submission Instructions video.
You will be marked in accordance to the University of Sunderland assessment criteria attached below. The assessment criteria covers; Relevance, Knowledge, Analysis, Argument and Structure, Critical Evaluation, Presentation, Reference to Literature.
Summary Assessment Criteria
1. Relevance: Directly relevant to the requirements of the assessment. (10%)
2. Knowledge: A substantial knowledge of relevant material, showing a clear grasp of themes, questions and issues therein. (20%)
3. Analysis: Good analysis, clear and orderly (20%)
4. Argument and structure: Coherent and logically structured, using an appropriate mode of argument and/or theoretical model(s). (20%)
5. Critical evaluation: Contains distinctive or independent thinking; may formulate an independent position in relation to theory and/or practice. (10%)
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders