Assessment 2: Report Schedule
Word count / Time provided:
Unit Learning Outcomes:
ULO-1, ULO-2, ULO-3, ULO-7
Course Learning Outcomes:
Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the number one of death globally: more people die annually from CVDs than from any other cause.
Most CVDs can be prevented by addressing behavioural risk factors such as tobacco use, unhealthy diet and obesity, physical inactivity and harmful use of alcohol using population-wide strategies.
People with CVD or who are at high cardiovascular risk (due to the presence of one or more risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidaemia or already established disease) need early detection and management using counselling and medicines, as appropriate.
Professor John Price is a heart surgeon. He published a number of research paper in the area of CVDs.
Dr Ben Williams as a physicist and a mathematician whose research interests are bio-medical statistics and mathematical models.
John and Ben worked together on a Machine Learning project related to processing of ECG test data for detecting heart diseases. They performed hundreds of electrocardiogram (ECG) tests on patients with CVDs. Analysing ECG tests they came up with a conclusion that some heart diseases with a high probability can be diagnosed using Machine Learning algorithms.
The researchers discussed the results with doctors, information technology professionals and government officials, and decided to start a new business venture, called CardioHealth, to provide ECG test services. They proposed a following business model:
· A general practitioner directs a patient to a medical laboratory to do an ECG test
· The ECG test is done by qualified medical personnel in a country or a city area.
· The test data are sent to a Cloud-based application.
· The results are stored in a Cloud database.
· The Cloud-based application processes the ECG test data using the Machine Learning algorithms and produces the result.
· If the result shows that the patient might have a heart problem, then this result is sent to an assigned Cardiologist for analysis. The Cardio doctor uploads his/her conclusion back to the Cloud, and it is stored in the database. The report is also sent to the general practitioner.
The following diagram represents a high-level application infrastructure.
After series of meetings, John and Ben secured a funding for the project involving an investor, Arthur Davis, and applying for a government biomedical start-up grant. Mr Arthur Davis has become a business partner. The partners came to a conclusion that the project duration is one year from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020.
Assume that you’ve been appointed as a CardioHealth’s IT Project Manager for the consulting
company: Information System Services (ISS).
The ISS company is organised around projects and has the following divisions:
· Michael Flynn is an ISS Chief Information Officer
· The Application Group is involved in the development of business applications. Padma Tilak
is a Head of the Group.
· The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Group implements Data Mining, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms into business applications. Bruce Henry is a Head of the Group.
· The Database Group specialises in data modelling, programming, data entry and implementation of database projects. Helen Mills is a Head of the Group.
· The Cloud Computing Group provides migrations of IT project on the Cloud. John Fuller is a Head of the Group.
The CardioHealth have the following information system requirements at this time:
· Develop an application of reading digital signals from an ECG device, and processing, displaying and sending the data to the Cloud
· Set up 20 ECG data collection centres which involves
o buying ECG devices and laptops
o installing software
o connecting to Internet
o staff training
· Setup software as a service (SaaS) on the Cloud
o Develop and install a web server
o Design and setup the database to store ECG test data
o Upload ECG data
o Develop and install the Data Mining and Machine Learning application
o Download stored data on request of a general practitioner and a cardiologist
o Notify a general practitioner and download a cardiologist’s report
· Develop a cardiologist mobile application with the following functionality:
o Inform the doctor about the ECG test that requires analysis
o Download and display the ECG data
o Record the doctor’s report
o Upload the doctor’s report
o Download on request history data
· Description of the life cycle phases for this project
· Kick-off meeting document
· Stakeholder Register
· Project Charter
· Detailed (multi-level) Work Breakdown Structure diagram
Please remember that this is a practical assessment and you are NOT required to write any general information, definitions and references to books and articles. These items will not be marked.
Marking Criteria and Rubric: The assessment will be marked out of 100 and will be weighted 20% of the total unit mark
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders