All submission of coursework will be online via Turnitin on the module's Moodle site.
The Roehampton Harvard Referencing system should be used for any resources used as part of your research.
Your student number MUST be included in your document on each page.
Use appropriate academic sources, referenced in accordance with the University of Roehampton’s Harvard Referencing guidelines:
Arial. Size 12
Word document (not a pdf)
1.5 line spacing
This assignment will assess the following module learning outcomes:
3. An appreciation of the use of pseudo code in the development of computer software and from this to be able to develop relevant algorithms and to design relevant data structures to solve a range of different practical problems.
4. An appreciation of the broader study requirements of a computing degree course and be able to decide if such a programme of study is appropriate for them.
There are two questions in this assignment. Both are compulsory. You should submit both questions in a single word file. For question 1, you should include screen shots of code and running VB application.
You are required to design and develop a basic library management system to lease out books using Visual Basic (VB).
It should contain a form with fields similar to the image below:
Please note, you are not restricted to using the above example layout showing the screenshot of the Visual basic controls. You have complete freedom to design the user interface as you see fit to match the requirements. (Total: 60 marks)
Having created your application, you should write a self-reflective commentary (1000 words) about your work explaining the design choices and quality of your code. Your commentary should discuss how you have implemented your library application using your learning during weekly lectures and computer labs. You should reflect on:
1. Your research and review of VB topics such as Arrays, if –else, use of picturebox, listbox, etc. as you developed you library application.
2. The design decisions you made e.g. use of Arrays as you worked on your library application.
3. Where you think you succeeded and where you think you could have room for improvement.
4. What you would do differently if you were to attempt to do your application again and what you would do with your portfolio if you could develop it further.
Your commentary should show evidence of your reading and research and use Harvard referencing. Your commentary is a chance for you to review your own work, showing an awareness of strengths as well as identifying potential areas, which need improvements if they were to be done again.
All work will be marked according to the following marking schema:
1. Evidence of research (30%). You should show evidence of background reading and researched around the subject (e.g. use of Arrays, Listbox, Picturebox, if –else) and used appropriate examples. You should have made use of these sources to inform and enhance your answers?
2. Logical flow and application (20%). You should have addressed all the required points of the task in a logical and consistent manner.
3. Explanation and Understanding (30%). You have explained and justified your decisions to an appropriate level. You have given examples of such decisions along with justification.
4. Structure and Presentation (20%). Your work is tidy and well laid out, with appropriate structure and standard of concise and effective written English You have used illustrations appropriately and correctly. Your work is of appropriate length. You have cited your sources appropriately using Harvard style of referencing.
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders