1 – Narrated PowerPoint Presentation
Due: Sunday 18 August 2019 30% of final grade In preparation for clinical practice, you are required to choose a contemporary nursing practice topic related to patient safety and a healthy workplace and develop a narrated PowerPoint presentation. This assessment is linked to Subject Learning Outcomes C, D and F.
Document to be uploaded through the Turnitin portal on UTSOnline:
• Word document including a link to your 10 minute YouTube video plus your transcript and reference list
Preparation – Tutorial 2 will be dedicated to this assessment
1. Read the Rubric (read ‘Unravelling the Rubric’ on the next page)
2. Research your topic – must be related to patient safety and a healthy workplace (refer to rubric)
3. Write a script
4. Develop the PowerPoint presentation
5. Narrate the PowerPoint presentation (10 minutes in length)
6. Turn your presentation into a video
7. Create a YouTube channel and upload your video file (you may use your own existing channel)
8. Copy the address of your YouTube video into a Microsoft Word document together with your script
9. Upload all documents to UTSOnline (before 18 August 2019) a. Word document – YouTube link plus script and reference list
• The presentation, including visual materials and transcript must be supported with appropriate evidence-based, peer reviewed literature (at least 10 peer- reviewed references)
• Please refer to the Rubric for more information to help you in completing this assessment successfully. 1
• Explain what my responsibilities are as a new graduate nurse in relation to the concept/skill?
• Include information about the scope of practice and legal and ethical boundaries relevant to the concept/skill?
• Refer to research and policies – what evidence can I use?
How do I get a ‘developed’ in this criterion?
All of above AND in more detail and have referred to contemporary research and/or policies (contemporary research is current, valid and appropriate to your topic).
How do I get an ‘excellent’ in this criterion?
All of the above AND in even more detail AND have considered the varying experience and education levels of the potential audience to ensure effective understanding. Think about the language that you are using, types of jargon etc, who are you aiming at – you can specify this in your transcript Remember to start with simple explanation and build upon it. Think about who is your audience? Use context where would the concept/skill be used? Why are you presenting this concept to this audience?
This information should be included in your transcript.
How do I explain the use of knowledge
, evidence, communication and networks as supportive elements of effective leadership. Explain – make your chosen topic clear to someone who may have little or no knowledge of the topic through detailed description. How do I get a ‘satisfactory’ for this criterion? Answer these questions
• Explain how the contemporary research/policies support your presentation content
• Explain why you are communicating your knowledge in this way – what is the aim of your presentation?
• Explain how communicating information about this topic and the mode of presentation supports effective leadership eg role model for other staff, showing initiative, quality improvement
How do I get a ‘developed’ in this criterion?
All of above AND in more detail AND use a clear voice, well-paced, easily understood by ALL audience members and within the time frame of 10 minutes. How do I get an ‘excellent’ in this criterion? All of the above AND in even more detail AND you present the information in a logical order, using interesting and informative graphics/pics and text that makes it easy for the audience to understand your message. This inExample topic
(NOT TO BE USED BY ANY STUDENT IN THIS ASSESSMENT)
Criterion One 'Conflict with families in the intensive care unit' – must address patient safety AND a healthy workplace (eg is patient and family safe – are staff members safe) Criterion Tw
• Why is conflict with families in the intensive care unit a problem
• What is currently being done about conflict with families in the intensive care unit (if anything – is there a need here?
• Why conflict with families in the intensive care unit a significant issue to contemporary nursing practice?
• How can effective leadership resolve or mitigate the problem of conflict with families in intensive care? Criterion Three
• Fully explain the background of the issue of conflict with families in the intensive care unit
• As a new graduate nurse when it comes to dealing with conflict with families in ICU what are my responsibilities – explain
• What are my responsibilities as a new graduate nurse when educating my peers and/or patients and families about conflict with families in ICU
• What evidence can I found about conflict with families in ICU and how can I integrate it into my presentation (I must reference it properly)
• How do I put this information together in a way that my colleagues (or audience) will understand more about conflict with families in ICU? Criterion Four
• How will I use the contemporary research/policies that I have found about conflict with families in ICU to support my presentation?
• How am I going to communicate this evidence about conflict with families in the ICU to my audience? Pictures, references, videos, strategies – stating the aim of my presentation
• How has my presentation provided support to my peers, my role as a leader? Have my audience now got some tools or ideas on how to deal with conflict with families in ICU 5 formation should be included in your transcript. 3 Use the following information: Criterion One Choose a topic that is appropriate, contemporary and related to patient safety and a healthy workplace. Refer to example attached to this information sheet –
Family conflict in ICU. Handwashing, or how to change a dressing are not appropriate topics on their own – they must be able to be related to both patient safety AND a healthy workplace.
DO NOT use the example topic or your work will be put forward as misconduct. Criterion Two How do I critically reflect upon concepts and skills relevant to effective leadership aimed at optimising patient safety and a healthy workplace?
Critically reflect = the ability to examine a concept or assumption. See the PowerPoint template for an example layout asking these questions.
How do I get a ‘satisfactory’ for this criterion?
Answer these questions:
• What is the problem
• Why is it a problem?
• What currently is being done about the problem (if anything)?
• What is the significance of the problem - why is it important to patient safety and a healthy workplace?
• How can effective leadership resolve or mitigate this problem?
How do I get a ‘developed’ in this criterion? All of above AND in more detail How do I get an ‘excellent’ in this criterion? All of the above AND in even more detail This information should be included in your transcript. Criterion Three How do I explain clinical leadership expectations for beginning new graduate nurses including scope of practice and legal and ethical boundaries? Explain – make your chosen topic clear to someone who may have little or no knowledge of the topic through detailed description. How do I get a ‘satisfactory’ for this criterion? Answer these questions:
• Explain the background of the concept or skill? 2
Please see rubric for specifics about how marks may be gained in these areas. Note – only NO errors will receive high marks, so take care with your work. Criterion Six Please see rubric for specifics about how marks may be gained in these areas. Note – only NO errors will receive high marks, so take care with your referencing.
project management assignment help, business management assignment help, business management assignment, management assignment help services, strategic management assignment help, management accounting assignment, management homework help, marketing management assignment help, human resource assignment help, human resource management assignment help, managerial accounting assignment help, management accounting assignment help, financial management assignment help, it management assignment help, project management homework help, hospitality management assignment help, hr management assignment help, operations management homework help, brand management assignment help, database management homework help
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders