I hereby, declare that I know what plagiarism entails, namely to use another’s work and to present it as my own without attributing the sources in the correct form. I further understand what it means to copy another’s work.
Higher National Diploma in Business:-
Student Name /ID Number
Unit Number and Title
Unit 2: Networking
LAN Design & Implementation for Enclave Films Company
IV Name & Date
The submission is in the form of an individual written report. This should be written in a concise, formal business style using single spacing and font size 12. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate, and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide an end list of references using the Harvard referencing system.
The recommended word count is 3,000–3,500 words for the report excluding annexures, although you will not be penalised for exceeding the total word limit.
Unit Learning Outcomes:
LO1 Examine networking principles and their protocols.
LO2 Explain networking devices and operations.
LO3 Design efficient networked systems.
LO4 Implement and diagnose networked systems.
Assignment Brief and Guidance:
Enclave Films is an eminent movie company which composes movies and delivers high quality video to make it download through VividZone company website. The original movie company management has decided to consolidate the contract with VividZone by adding more efficient staff and appliances.
Enclave Films is in building B and the web team is positioned in the same building while majority of the administration, sales, accounts and management functions are supported in building A. Both buildings are located in the same premises. Movie company plans to aggregate all their staff and resources in one building. Therefore, when adjacent office space becomes available in building A, these groups will be accommodated together. Building A has a reception and a customer area as well.
About the Network
The branch network of Enclave Films has grown without proper planning. The LAN cabling in both offices is Cat5e Ethernet. The office complex provides an Ethernet link between the two buildings.
The current network is a flat network design with minimal redundancy. A small wireless LAN is used occasionally by few project managers with laptops and the guests at Building B.
· Building A - general office and managers, including reception, accounts, and administration. It consists of 12 PCs and 02 printers.
· Building B - production suites and provides networking for the media development and storage. It consists of 09 high-performance workstations, 05 office PCs, and 02 printers.
The Management expects to enhance the network based on following major criteria:
· Separate the network into VLANs.
· Data traffic expected to increase by 80%
· Possibly consider connecting directly to the VividZone network; must be a fast and reliable connection
· High network availability with redundant links and technology
· Wireless network access at Building B
· QoS to support video applications
· High network reliability with network monitoring and security
You are newly recruited as a Network Engineer by the movie company to redesign the network.
You need to produce a report for the company that includes the following:
· An overview of your report.
· An explanation of;
· networking principles, protocols and devices, including benefits and constraints of networked solutions
· the impact of network topology, communication and bandwidth requirements, effectiveness of networking systems
· operating principles of networking devices and server types and networking software
· Prepare a written plan of how you are going to design a Local Area Network including a blueprint of your LAN.
· Justify the security requirements and quality of services needed for selection of accessories
· Design a networked system to meet a given specification
· Provide the IP address allocation table for the redesigned network.
· Install & configure network services and applications of your choice.
· Conduct a test and evaluate the design to meet the requirements and analyse user feedback.
· Suggest a maintenance schedule to support the networked system.
· Implement a networked system based on your prepared design.
· Conduct verification with e.g. Ping, extended ping, trace route, telnet, SSH, etc.
· Record the test results and analyze these against expected results.
· Investigate what functionalities would allow the system to support device growth and the addition of communication devices.
Networking Assignment Help,online programming assignment help,php assignment help,marketing management assignment help,digital marketing assignment help,marketing assignment help,online marketing homework help,marketing assignment writing
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders