· This assignment should be completed individually.
· All work must be submitted on Moodle by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
· The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
· Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using APA 6th edition for the School of Business.
If an extension of time to submit work is required, an Application for Special Consideration and supporting documentation must be submitted directly to the School's Administration Officer via your MIT AMS login
[https://online.mit.edu.au/ams/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fams%2f]. You must submit this application no later than three working days after the due date of the specific piece of assessment or the examination for which you are seeking Special Consideration. Further information is available at:
Academic Misconduct is a serious offence. Depending on the seriousness of the case, penalties can vary from a written warning or zero marks to exclusion from the course or rescinding the degree. Students should make themselves familiar with the full policy and procedure available at:http://www.mit.edu.au/about-mit/institute-publications/policies-procedures-and-guidelines/Plagiarism-Academic-Misconduct-Policy-Procedure. For further information, please refer to the Academic Integrity Section in your Unit Description.
I/We declare and certify that:
1. the work contained in this assessment is my/our own work/group work, except where acknowledgement of
sources is made;
2. this assessment has not been submitted previously for academic credit in this or any other course;
3. I/we have read MIT’s Plagiarism and Academic Misconduct Policy and Procedure, and I/we understand
the consequences of engaging in plagiarism, collusion and contract cheating;
4. a copy of the original assignment is retained by me/us and that I/we may be required to submit the original
assignment to the Lecturer and/or Unit Co-ordinator upon request;
In developing an accounting standard, accounting standard setters must choose the most appropriate accounting policy from a range of alternatives. The choice that they make is critical because it virtually determines accounting practice (Henderson, 2017). If there is no accounting standard, or if the standard either implicitly or explicitly allows a choice, the preparers of General Purpose Financial Statements (GPFS) must select the most appropriate policy for use in the preparation of those statements by exercising their professional judgement (Framework 2014).
It is widely argued that accountants are not free to make any accounting policy choice they like, because their behaviour is governed by some form of regulation, including government and non-government regulation, accounting concepts and standards, and professional ethics.
Australian Accounting Standard Board (AASB) adopted same due process applied by International Accounting Standard Board (IASB) in the preparation of accounting standards and adopted IASB’s Accounting Conceptual Framework in 2005. The conceptual framework is viewed as a normative accounting theory because it prescribes how accounting policies should be determined (Henderson, 2017). Choosing accounting policies required a consideration of four issues. They are defining, recognising, measurement and disclosure of elements of financial statements. The role of the Framework 2014 for the preparation and presentation of financial statements is to guide accounting standard setters and financial statement preparers in how to resolve these four issues. However, Conceptual framework 2014 has not yet developed guidance on what principles should underlie disclosure practices.
With reference to the above requirements/arguments, you are required to write a report critically evaluating implications of the development of AASB standards and conceptual framework for financial reporting in Australia.
In your report:
1. Critically examine institutional and regulatory arrangements in financial reporting in Australia.
2. Evaluate the due process employed by the AASB in the developments of accounting standards.
3. Investigate main features of the AASB approach to developing interpretation of accounting standards.
4. Explain how accounting standards are enforced by the capital market regulator (ASIC).
5. Examine why conceptual framework 2014 has failed to provide guidance on what principles should underlie disclosure practices.
6. Your recommendations
Henderson, S., Peirson, G., Herbohn, K., Artiach, T. and Howieson, B. (2017). Issues in Financial Accounting(16th ed.). AU: Pearson Higher Education.
This assignment must be written/structured in the form of a ‘business report’. That is, it must have a/an;
(a) Executive summary (between 100 to 150 words),
(b) Introduction that;
Succinctly summarizes this assignment’s topic and its key issues, controversies, etc. (no more than 200 words), and
(c) Body that addresses all the requirements – see above 1-6 (no more 1500 words),
(d) Conclusion that sums up the mains issues of this assignment (no more than 200 words), and
(e) Reference list containing all cited works.
(f) Proper English Grammar, appearance, format, etc.
MA601 Current Issues in Accounting Assignment, assignment for financial accounting,hnd financial accounting assignment, financial accounting study guide, financial accounting deep study guide,assessment in financial accounting help
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders