The working shall be in shifts as the wait staff is being hired for a 38 hour long week, but this shifts are going to be in between the following hours on the basis of roster that shall be weekly prepared. The current working hours that are in the plan are :
Monday – Friday: 6:00am – 9:30pm
Saturday: 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday: 6:00 am 2 pm
22 Rothschild Avenue, Roseberry, New South Wales Australia
Reports to the manager on the floor and also to the kitchen head chef.
Purpose of the position
The job role involves that, as the waiter is the relationship manager for the Café, he has to ensure that customers are promptly served, suggestions as per preferences are given. He also has to ensure that customers have an enjoyable experience and take feedback and suggestions for further improvement.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Arrange for seating of the patron at the restaurant
· Taking orders, ensuring those customers’ preferences are taken into consideration, by giving suggestions.
· Ensure that customers are enjoying their meals by ensuring prompt services.
· Coordinating with kitchen staff to ensure timely delivery.
· Impeccable service to be provided, by ensuring maintaining, all fine dining etiquettes.
· Managing bookings and coordinating with the valet parking facility.
· Having knowledge of customers’ vulnerability regarding any food allergies.
· Providing fast, efficient and courteous service.
· High school leaving certificate
· Excellent organizational skills, especially in Microsoft excel, so that proper maintenance of records can be maintained.
· Diploma certifications in hotel management industry.
· Ability to write in coherent and lucid English, so that communication to clients via mails can be done by him through bulk mail , in order to invite for some special events or to inform about any events in the Café Restaurant.
· People with prior experience of six months minimum in the same industry shall be preferred.
· Knowledge of the food industry with specific stress on correct pronunciations shall be an added advantage
· Two years experience in the industry
· Knowledge about allergies as per the NSW Food Authority about allergens in food products.
· Should be presentable
· Soft-spoken, extremely friendly in approach towards people.
· Pleasing personality.
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail about requirements of people
· Courteous and well mannered attitude and willingness to serve with a smile.
· Personal hygiene and cheerful demeanor shall be preferred
Review shall be conducted every six months, in order to appraise the candidate.
The date shall be after six months, whichever date is suitable with reference to the date of the date of appointment.
The ACA Café Restaurant, falls into the service industry and the service industry has some performance indicators, which are the framework, which help every person in the industry, become more efficient in service oriented objective. These parameters should also be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, and relevant). Some of these are:
The following report is concentrating on multiple areas of the decisions upon which the current situation of that ACA Café’ Restaurant is finding itself in currently and Tony being the newly recruited manager , has been trying to assess every aspect most diligently.
a)Qualities for selection and self- management skills
Keith has had related experience in a similar industry and he has clearly has explained that he has been responsible for training the staff in balancing accounts. The café is currently facing the trouble where cash is going missing, hence his experience in the training staff can come in handy. Keith also has had varied experiences, which is a very efficient way to provide wholesome guidance to the staff. The leadership quality of Keith as is exhibited very early in his career as a football captain shows that he is able to head a team. The positive qualities of a manager that are required are sale oriented attitude, effective cost reduction mindset along with strong discipline oriented approach (Carter, & Baghurst, 2014). These are requisites which can help to fill Joe’s position, while he is on paternity leave.
b)Shortfall in Keith’s Profile as compared to Joe’s
Keith is extremely tenacious, but his varied work experience, is bringing a wholesome knowledge base to the table, however unlike Joe he is not known to stick persistently, to any position for long. These may be an indicator of something much deeper than what appears on the surface. In spite of holding a diploma in Hospitality Management, Keith has not tried to build a career in the sector. This is a clear indicator that he may not be that valued an employee as Joe. He is tenacious but seems to be always making ends meet by doing odd jobs. Joe on the other hand has reflected extreme sense of responsibility, which is extremely, valued a trait in a manager. The loyalty aspect of Keith is also a parameter where he is falling short of Joe. Joe is a very much respected manager as well as that he is popular The popularity and the respectability angle always has tremendous effect on employee positivity (Zampetakis, & Moustakis, 2011) . This seems to be another area to be tested.
c) Required traits in Keith
The required traits that are essential in Keith, on the basis of Joe’s performance in the restaurant can be explained in the following way:
· Polite and pleasing personality
· Due diligence in maintaining day to day affairs of the restaurant
· Decision making ability in order to take decisions and to resolve work area conflicts
· Innovative approach towards running the restaurant, hoping for more business generation.
· Record keeping ability, especially in the cash balancing section, which has been showing mismanagement due to untrained
· Multi- tasking ability along with ability to report in a structured way to the owners.
· Passion and love for the restaurant’s growth.
· Deep sense of responsibility towards effective customer handling.
· As he is coming from a store keeping and inventory management business as well, cost management skills also needs to be
· Being a social, popular and welcoming host is another criterion that attracts customers.
· Keith should also try to be a approachable manager, so that the staff are comfortable around him after working with Joe for such a
d) Authoritative Leader
Keith has projected that he is an extremely authoritative leader. However as he is coming for a very short time period, which is of the paternity period of Joe, he should try to be a more affirmative leader because, as he is directly not from this industry, he may require a lot of inputs from the staff, to ensure that he is successful in steering the team towards a victorious and successful lap, during their favorite manager’s absence (Ahmed, Shields, White, & Wilbert, 2010). There is an area of operation in the restaurant, which has been underperforming and which requires high monitoring. This is the cash mismanagement area. The balancing errors that is happening in managing customer accounts is an area of operation which may require, the aggressive approach of maintaining strict control. Keith is also experienced in that specific field hence it will be the best area, for him to start making changes.
e) Motivational reward and recognition
There can be quite a few incentives that can be incorporated to reduce communication barriers. Incentives such as performance based pay can be a huge motivator for the staff. Another barrier that often comes up is that; staff is confused as information regarding their performance criteria and key areas of responsibility. The KRA should be clearly defined for staff to perform efficiently. There can be introduced a scheme to award employee of the month and a six monthly review can be done to check, which employee is performing consistently. It is also very important to understand the varied staffs’ expectation; Joe being an old employee can easily make this effortless guidance possible. It is now Keith who has to along with another Manager Tony, who will have to remove barriers and ensure effective flow of communication (Madera, Dawson, Neal, & Busch, 2013).
Keith is into managing the financial aspect and the staffing management and Tony , that is me has been given the position of the restaurant manager.
a) In a periodical basis being the restaurant manager, Tony has to seek reports from Keith regarding how the restaurant is functioning in the time period; it shall be reflective in the sales figures which can be assessed on a weekly basis. A very effective method that can be opted for is that, comparison with earlier same period performance can be made; it will give a trend analysis of the restaurant’s performance. Monitoring of the customer management accounts in an effective way by Keith will naturally help Tony to effectively use the monetary resources to pull up the quality of the restaurant.
b) Supportive communication needs to be implemented by Keith, in a way that will ensure that the people under him can specially get training regarding balancing the customer accounts. As Keith shall be handling the finance part of the business, it is imperative that losses do not occur due to wrong balancing of customer figures. Keith is an authoritarian, which can become a hindrance for the staff to learn the effective ways , hence it is important that Tony discusses with Keith about maintaining a free flow approachable attitude in the training time. Similarly recruitment by Keith should be guided so that he chooses people with the right frame of mind for the industry. As the millennial are going to work in the industry a free, fun loving approach has to be taken up , to attract the young to the hospitality sector (Myers, & Sadaghiani, 2010)
c) The financial aspect and recruitment criteria shall be required to be taken care of by Keith as per decisions of the owners. Tony being the overall manager has to guide Keith regarding both these aspects. The key responsibilities and duties that can be delegated to Keith are :
· Regular updating and balancing of books of accounts
· Using his prior experience in training the accounts staff , he needs to train up all the related staff regarding the perfect way to balance accounts of the customers , so that there is no financial loss to the firm , as is being witnessed now.
· The regular updating in ERP software and generating of reports on a periodical basis, for the perusal of the owners is something that Keith has to ensure.
Recruitment aligning to requirement is often the reason for success for hospitality industry (Chang, , Gong, & Shum, 2011). Regarding recruitment policies, Keith has to adhere to the policies of the industry, but as the owner has pointed out that there has been a tendency of wrong recruitment , as because , the requirement of the position have to be identified to perform well in the recruitment drives, hence a PHD cannot be taken for the role of await staff. Keith has to delegate the following responsibilities by Tony.
· Identify the scope of the job
· Align the required skills to the job
· Ensure to choose candidates as per owner’s guidelines of perfect selection for the role
· Doing research about cost effective methods of recruitment , rather than the usual advertisements for junior level staff like wait staff
· Negotiate every recruitment deal to the best of his ability for cost effective recruitment by the restaurant
· Do efficient backgrounds check of the prospective recruits .
d) There can be some barriers to this delegation, as both Keith and Tony are in managerial position hence there can be a semantic barrier in communication , where obstacles can arise due wrong interpretation of words. The friction between two managerial staff can be so vigorous that the entire communication top to downwards can be hampered, because the cross functional heads are in conflict. The effective delegation requires a lot of strategies, hence when mangers have to delegate to other managerial staff, and then there can be some barriers like lack of confidence leading to conflict, delegation without requisite authority. Lack of clarity regarding the delegated job is something which also creates severe barrier for the organizational success.
Human Resource Management Assignment, management assignment help services, strategic management assignment help, project management homework help, hr management assignment help, cost and accounting management assignment
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders