As we all know the cases of COVID-19 have reached pandemic proportions, and the spread of the virus has affected people globally. The international medical community is working unitedly to resolve this crisis.
Read the articles below or the most current on the subject.
Do a little external reading.
1. Describe the pandemic of COVID-19 in numbers. What type of studies provided the information? How are the international and national communities working together (Governmental bodies, Healthcare Providers, Scientists, Pharmaceutical industries and Financial aid)? (25 points)
2. There are challenges that would be involved in a global clinical trial (distance, language, culture, economic statuses, political, bureaucratic, ethical, educational, environmental concerns, and many more). Select 5 of these or other challenges, and write a brief paragraph each regarding clinical research with COVID-19. (25 points)
Listen to the Tedtalk by Dr. Luciana Borio on Ebola. She mentions two hospitals – Hospital A and Hospital B. The doctors at hospital A have a different way to test the study drug than the doctors at hospital B. Let’s call the study from hospital A as study design A and the study from hospital B as study design B. Now, consider that you work for a hospital and the hospital is treating coronavirus instead of Ebola. You are required to design a study – Would you select study design A or study design B, or an alternative. Justify your answer.
Use the Tedtalk and its content as your reference.
Design a study protocol abstract for COVID -19 (Coronavirus):
1.State the study objective. (5 points)
2.State the study design (prospective or retrospective, phase, randomized – nonrandomized; open – blind; multicentric national or global, safety and/or efficacy). (10 points)
3. What would be your study population (treatment naïve patients, a specific time from diagnosis, based on the severity of the disease etc)? Would there be an inclusion or exclusion criteria? If yes, list two inclusion and two exclusion criteria. If no, explain your answer. (20points)
4. State at least two study endpoints. And the tools to measure them. Also, state the tests that will be used for statistical analysis. (20 points)
5. For epidemic studies, how would you calculate the sample size? Calculate an estimated sample size for the study. If you must; use power as 80% and ⍺ as 0.05. (20 points)
HCR557 Medical Assignment Help UK, Health care Australia assignment help, Health care management assignment help, Environmental health care assignment help, Medical assignment USA help, Public health care assignment help, Nursing Assignment Help
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders