Comparative Business Ethics & Social Responsibility
Individual Case Study Report on ‘The Volkswagen Scandal: An Admission to Emission Fraud’
Students able to:
1. Compare and contrast diverse approaches to ethical decision making
2. Evaluate the implications of the legal pressure for ethical behaviour in organisations
3. Examine ethical issues as they relate to basic values and the challenge of determining an ethical issues in business
4. Understand how moral philosophies and values influence individual and group ethical decision making in business
5. Apply and enhance problem-solving skills in solving and managing ethical dilemmas within an organisation.
Weight 30 % of the total assessments
Total Marks 30%
Word limit Not more than 2,000 words
• All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, no spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
Assignment 2 Specifications
Task: Individual case study analysis (Report)
Topic: Case Study on “The Volkswagen Scandal: An Admission to Emission Fraud”
You are require to complete a detailed analysis and present your case assessment, analysis, and outside research to the class based on the case study on ‘The Volkswagen Scandal: An Admission to Emission Fraud’. The case study is available on your prescribed textbook:
Ferrell, O., Fraedrich, J. and Ferrell, L (2018), Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making and Cases, 12th ed, Southwestern, Cengage Learning
You are required to answer the questions located at the end of the case study and the questions are as follows:
1. Explain how the culture of Volkwagen created this ethical scandal
2. While Volkswagen claimed to support ethics and sustainability, how can they recover from this ethical disaster?
3. Do you believe this scandal will lead to tougher scrutiny of companies environmental claims in the future? Why or why not?
• The scandal explained: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34324772
• VW executive pleads guilty: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/07/25/jailed-volkswagen-exec-pleadguilty-u-s-diesel- scandal/508525001/
• How a West Virginia lab detected the VW scandal: http://www.npr.org/2015/09/24/443053672/how-a-little-lab-in-west-virginia- caughtvolkswagens-big-cheat
• The scandal’s impact on VW’s long-term future: https://www.wired.com/story/vw-dieselscandal-future-automakers/
Ideally, your report needs to consist at least the following structure:
1. Executive Summary: ideally one page, but no more than two
2. Section 1: Introduction
3. Section 2: Main body of the report consists of the questions at the end of the case study (or as above)
4. Section 3: Conclusions 5.
Reference List: In between 15-20 references
HC2121 Business Ethics Assignment, Business online assignment help, managerial economics assignment help, business economics assignment help, Business Relations Assignment Help, business management assignment help
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders