Extended Project (Computing) – 2018(11 weeks)
All submission of coursework will be online via Turnitin on the module's Moodle site unless stated otherwise.
The Roehampton Harvard Referencing system should be used for any resources used as part of your research.
Final submission deadline is:
Group Poster Presentation: W/C 19th Feb 2018, in class presentation (30% of marks)
Individual written report: by 2pm23rd April 2018, via Turnitin (70% of marks)
Your student number MUST be included in your document on each page of your report and a word count given at the end of the document. All names and student numbers must be included on your posters.
Word count: approx. 2,000for the individual assignment. Poster word count may vary but you should base your work around an A2-size sheet and make as much appropriate use of that space as you can in order to fulfil the requirements of the brief.
Use appropriate credible sources, referenced in accordance with the University of Roehampton’s Harvard Referencing guidelines:
· All main body text for both the poster and individual report should be Arial, size 12;
· Report must be submitted as a Word document (not a pdf);
· Other fonts and sizes may be used to enhance structural elements of your work as appropriate.
The assignment consists of two elements. You may choose one of the below options for storyboard design and prototype designbut are not limited to these:
1. Airline ticket reservation system
2. Library books issuing database system
3. A booking system for a beauticians
4. Indian food delivery service
5. Bus ticket issuing machine in a bus station
It will be necessary for you to investigate the topic and make your own assumptions about certain aspects of the interactive system you will design. You should explore and research this sector both as a group and individually to ensure you are able to produce the following deliverables.
1. A ‘poster presentation’ to be delivered as a group of three or four people and presented in class time to lecturers who will wish to read it and then discuss it with you for around ten minutes.
a. Once you have made your choice create storyboard designs for your prototype. These storyboards should be presented in a series of illustrations on the poster. The designs must be clear, annotated with your design decisions and include explanations provided to support decisions made. A user should clearly be able to learn how to use the system from the designs shown. It should be intuitive to the user how the screen designs flow in sequence and what actions should be taken next.
b. After storyboard designs, draw the prototype on the poster. The prototype should clearly identify your chosen system interface which conforms to HCI guidelines. Ensure that you have designed your interfaces with these in mind. Create a visually-pleasing, user-focused, functional system which includes authentication of validation and verification.
2. An individual, written assignment of approximately 2,000 words, excluding tables, diagrams, headings, appendices, bibliography, etc.
· Each person in the group is required to identify IT technological innovation(e.g; XploR cane, Driverless cars, XB-1 Supersonic...etc. so no two group members should choose the same organisation) and explore how that innovation is positioning itself to attempt to gain/maintain competitive advantage and lead the IT sector. You should explore any aspect that may be relevant to that technology such as pricing, features, functions, speed, core processors,brand values, etc. This list is not prescriptive and you are free to explore what makes this technology different and explain how it has responded to the market. Ensure you mention how its position has changed in recent years and conclude your work by giving your own opinion on what it needs to do to succeed in this sector in the next 2-5 years.
· In addition, you will be expected to keep a weekly diary of progresswhich will form a part of your formative feedback. The five weeks of timetabled classes (the 5th week is poster presentation week) will be focused on assisting you in your research. Some guidance will be given but each student will be expected to bring a ‘diary’ of progress week by week (template to be provided) showing what they have done, what their targets are for the following week. This diary will be checked off each week but will not form a part of the marked submission. This diary will show both group and individual targets and completion of tasks.
Note that students will be required to show evidence of research from a range of sources including credible media sources. Use of academic and industry journals is not essential. You should avoid just relying on corporate websites althoughyou are encouraged to contact your chosen companies in order to get some direct information from the organisations blogs.
Poster Presentation (group mark) – 30% of total, apportioned as follows:
Individual report – 70% of total, apportioned as follows:
· Have you completed your diary each week with realistic and logical goals, demonstrating that you have followed through on your previous week’s targets?
Note that you are expected to show you are ready and able to engage with a level 4 degree course so superficial answers will not be awarded pass marks. A good set of answers will therefore be well researched and presented, argued logically and effectively, using examples from credible sources to illustrate your points and referenced in line with the University of Roehampton’s Harvard Referencing guidelines.
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders