Thisassessmentisdesignedtoallowstudentstopresentandjustifyappropriate method(s) for a research project designed to address the research question posed. This assessment relates to Learning Outcomes a, b andd.
There are two components of the assessment:
· Written proposal: 40%
· Oral presentation: 10%
Based on the Research Question developed in Assessment 2, students should develop a research design aimed at providing insights and/or answers to the question. Students should make any recommended adjustments to the content of Assessment 2, based on feedback provided, prior to including it in Assessment4.
This assessment requires students to choose and justify the most appropriate research design, clearly explaining WHY the chosen design will best answer the research question and is most appropriate in the specific circumstances.Students should clearly justify their recommended research and analysis methods.
Note: Other than in exceptional circumstances, Assessment 4 of this subject is intended to form the basis of the student’s Research Project in BUS710 Research Project, following appropriate adjustments recommended in feedback
WrittenProposal:The proposal will contain the followinginformation:
1. Title Page
2. Abstract/Executive Summary
3. Introduction to the research (assessment 2, revised if necessary)
4. Research Problem and Research Objective (assessment 2, revised if necessary)
5. Theoretical Background/Literature review (Based on assessment 3, expand and elaborate)
6. Research Methodology
7. Reference List: Formatted using Harvard (Anglia)style.
8. Appendix: include proposed ethical approvalform and informed consent form ifrelevant.
Note : please see the detail checklist of each section (page 3 of this guide)
- Individual Assessment
- Word limit: 4000 words (±10%) (excluding reference list)
- The review should be professionally presented using proper headings and sub-headings, in Arial 10pt or Times New Roman 12pt, single space. Harvard (Anglia) style referencing.
- Submission deadline Week 10 – Saturday 26 May 2018, by 11.59pm
- Softcopy to be uploaded on Turnitin via Moddle links
- Late penalties and extensions:
An important part of business life and key to achieving KOI’s graduate outcome of Professional Skills is the ability to manage workloads and meet deadlines. Consequently, any assessment items such as in- class quizzes and assignments missed or submitted after the due date/time will attract a penalty. Penalty for written assessment is - 5% of the total available marksper calendar day unless an extension is approved
- Applying for extension:
If students are unable to submit or attend an assessment when due, and extensions are possible, they must apply by completing the appropriate Application for Extension form available from the Student Information Centre in Moodle, the KOI Website (Policies and Forms) and the Reception Desk (Market St and Kent St), as soon as possible but no later than three (3) working days of the assessment due date.The completed form must be emailed with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.Students and lecturers / tutors will be advised of the outcome of the extension request as soon as practicable.Appropriate documentary evidence to support the request for an extension must be supplied. Please remember there is no guarantee of an extension being granted, and poor organisation is not a satisfactory reason to be granted an extension.
1. Title Page
Choose an interesting title for the report, the title should indicate the nature of problem/research being investigated. If client organisation is used, the name of the organization should be part of the title.
2. Abstract/Executive Summary
Executive summary should provide key information of your research, 1 page is preferably. Provide summary of :
- The introduction of the research
- The matter being investigated
- The research design and methodology
3. Introduction to the research
This section should give convincing background about the research and why the topic is worth to research, by providing evidences to support your arguments. Key points to be included in this section are:
- Introduce the topic of the research
- Overview of client organization (if any)
- What real problem does the research seek to resolve and why is it important to research this topic
- Outline the structure of this proposal.
4. Research problem and research objectives
This section should be straightforward, state the overall research problem and research objectives based on your brief research plan (A1), revised A1 if necessary.
5. Theoretical Background/Literature review
This section is expected to be the extended version of your A3 (structure literature review), therefore, you should not copy paste your A3 into this section, instead you need to use your A3 is a basis to do a comprehensive literature review. Around 10 extra literatures are required (on top of the four articles you used in your A3). Link your literature review back to your research problem.
6. Research Design and Methodology
This section should provide detail plan of research design and research methodology. It should consist information on:
- Inform and justify the type of research (exploratory, descriptive or causal)
- Inform and justify the research approach (quantitative, qualitative or mixed approach)
- Describe the type of data will be used (primary or secondary data)
- Describe how data will be collected: interview, focus group or observation for qualitative research, and/or survey and experiment for quantitative research
- Describe and justify the sample: sampling frame, sampling methods and technique, sampling characteristics and size.
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders