The submission is in the form of an individual written report. This should be written in a concise, formal business style using single spacing and font size 12. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate, and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. The recommended word limit is 2,000–2,500 words, although you will not be penalized for exceeding the total word limit.
The submission is in the form of an individual evidence portfolio.
You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs, subsections and illustrations as appropriate, and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system.
Unit Learning Outcomes
LO4: Implement and diagnose networked systems.
You are employed as a Network Engineer by Nguyen Networking Limited, a high-tech networking solution development company, which have branches in Ho Chi Min City, Hanoi, Da Nang and Can Tho.
The company has been contracted to implement a networking project from a local educational institute. The specification of the project is given below:
People: 200 students, 15 teachers, 12 marketing and administration staff, 5 higher managers including the head of academics and the programme manager, 3 computer network administrators.
Resources: 50 student lab computers, 35 staff computers, 3 printers
Building: 3 floors, all computers and printers are on the ground floor apart from the IT labs – one lab located on the first floor and another located on the second floor
As a first task, the CEO of the company Mr. Nguyen has asked you to investigate and explain networking principles, protocols and devices and submit a report.
You will need to produce a report that includes the following:
1. An introduction to provide an overview of your report.
2. Benefits and constraints of different types of networks and networking standards.
3. The impact of network topology, speed of communication and bandwidth requirements.
4. Effectiveness of networking systems.
5. Discussion on operating principles of networking devices and server types and networking software.
6. Discuss the relationship of workstation hardware with networking software.
7. Explore a range of server types and justify the selection of a server, considering a given scenario regarding cost and performance optimization.
8. For the given specification, identify the topology protocol for the efficient utilization of a networking system
The CEO Mr. Nguyen is happy with your first report and now he has asked you to analyze the specification from the institution, as given earlier.
You need to design and implement the networking project within a given timeframe:
Part 2 Design efficient networked systems
1. Prepare a written step-by-step plan of how you are going to design a Local Area Network including a blueprint of your LAN.
2. Justify your choice of devices for your network design.
3. Produce a test plan to evaluate this design for the requirements of bandwidth and cost constraints as per user specifications.
4. Justify the security requirements and quality of services needed for selection of accessories.
5. Suggest a maintenance schedule to support the networked system.
Part 3 Implement test and diagnose networked systems
1. Implement a networked system based on your prepared design.
2. Conduct verification with e.g. Ping, extended ping, trace route, telnet, SSH, etc.
3. Record the test results and analyze these against expected results.
4. Investigate what functionalities would allow the system to support device growth and the addition of communication devices.
5. Discuss the significance of upgrades and security requirements in your recommendations.
BTEC Networking Infrastructure Assignment, BTEC Marketing Principles assignment, BTEC Applied Science assignment, BTEC Hospitality assignment, BTEC Computing assignment, BTEC Leadership assignment, BTEC Engineering assignment, BTEC Management Assignment
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders