2. Describe how an internal or external context might need you to change the desired future state.
3. List five general categories of benefits that may be expected from a program
4. Describe how to review the description of the desired future state to keep it in alignment with the expected benefits (max.
5. Describe how to conduct a gap analysis to define and agree gaps between the current state and the desired future state.
Your response will include a list of steps involved.
6. Describe how you would approach defining and agreeing changes needed to move from the current state the desired
future state with pertinent stakeholders. Give an example with your answer (max. 100 words).
7. List four elements of successful execution of a program.
8. Describe two approaches to program execution and their advantages/disadvantages.
9. Why is it important to monitor and evaluate internal and external contexts for circumstances that may require changes to
the program execution approach?
10. Explain how high-level Program stakeholders and the Program team can work together to maintain alignment with
11. Define what is meant by a business case and list the six elements that a business case document typically includes.
12. Describe how you gain approval for a business case.
13. Describe how to monitor and evaluate internal and external program contexts for circumstances that may require changes to the program’s business case (max. 200).
14. Identify three internal and three external program contexts which may create circumstances which mean altering the
15. Describe how you can periodically review the program’s business case and confirm or update to maintain alignment with
16. Explain what is meant by the term ‘Program Vision’
17. Outline what you should discuss with sponsors to define, maintain and refresh the program organisation with the
18. List five things program governance helps to manage.
19. Explain why it is important to have clear program role descriptions.
20. Identify the general requirements for a policy.
21. Define the main elements to include in a policy document (presented in a logical order).
22. List three potential ways to communicate policies and procedures with relevant stakeholders.
Your trainer/assessor will lead the group activity role plays and complete the Observation Checklist attached.
The Board of Directors and CEO of ABC IT Corp have recently revisited the organisation’s mission statement and strategic objectives for their new Strategic Plan. A key focus is to gain more Government projects and build their reputation as a leader in this field. See their Mission, Values and objectives below:
The mission of ABC IT Corporation is to be the Australian market leader in delivering innovative IT and data security solutions to private and public sector clients. We aim to create unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees and investors.
Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
Integrity: Be real, be honest
Passion: Use our drive and commitment to energize, engage and inspire others
Diversity: Value different ideas, strengths and cultural backgrounds and encourage healthy debate
Quality: What we do, we do extremely well
1) Optimise our workforce to meet current and future objectives by providing a supportive working environment and investing in the best training and staff development opportunities.
2) Instil confidence in our clients by ensuring top level privacy and security of data through state-of-the-art data encryption technology.
3) Provide world leading equipment, technology and facilities to support efficient delivery of IT services and encourage innovation to exceed client needs.
4) Maintain organisational growth of 20% net value profit over 5 years.
5) Foster collaborative relationships with private sector and government clients to build, promote and maintain an ongoing client base and stay attuned to changing client needs.
High Level Organisational Structure