PRIVACY DISCLAIMER: TAFE Queensland is collecting your personal information for assessment purposes. The information will only be accessed by authorised employees of TAFE Queensland. Some of this information may be given to the Australian Standards Quality Authority (ASQA) or its successor and/or TAFE Queensland for audit and/or reporting purposes. Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us written permission or we are required by law.
For this assessment, there are two (2) tasks to be completed. You must adequately address each of the tasks which follow.
Number of Attempts:
You will receive two (2) attempts for this assessment. Should your 1st attempt be not satisfactory, your teacher will discuss the relevant questions with you and will arrange a 2nd attempt to be scheduled. Should your 2nd attempt not be successful, or you fail to undertake the 2nd attempt, you will be deemed “not satisfactory” for this assessment item. Only one re-assessment attempt may be granted for each assessment item, with the exception of Apprentices or Trainees who are permitted an additional supplementary assessment.
To achieve a satisfactory result, your assessor will be looking for your ability to demonstrate the following key skills/tasks/knowledge to industry standard:
· Measure and document results of project activities and product performance throughout the project life cycle to determine compliance with agreed quality standards.
· Identify causes of unsatisfactory results, in consultation with client, and recommend appropriate actions to a higher project authority to enable continuous improvement in quality outcomes
· Conduct inspections of quality processes and quality control results to determine compliance of quality standards to overall quality objectives
· Maintain a quality management system to enable effective recording and communication of quality issues and outcomes to a higher project authority and stakeholders
· Review processes and implement agreed changes continually throughout the project life cycle to ensure continuous quality improvement
· Review project outcomes against performance criteria to determine the effectiveness of quality management processes and procedures
‘ABC Constructions’ is a small to medium building company which operates in both the residential and commercial sectors. Assume you are employed by this firm which acts as the head contractor, to work as a Construction Supervisor. You are about to commence construction of a multi-residential development consisting of six 2 bedroom apartments.
As part of the learning materials supplied, you are provided with the drawings including specification notes, site details and client, for this multi-residential construction project. These are contained in the A3 ‘Resource book: Plans book’ supplied. These documents are to be used as the basis for this assessment task.
The purpose of this assessment Task 2.1 is to demonstrate the application of quality assurance to a project.
What to do
1. Prepare a flowchart that shows the steps involved in documenting an Inspection and Test Plan (ITP). It is important that all terminology (eg. hold point, surveillance) is fully explained as part of the flowchart.
2. Draw up an ITP for a specific construction process of the given project.
Note: If you need to clarify the selected process before commencing, contact the Advanced Building Studies team at SkillsTech.
3. Prepare a single page summary that explains the use of an ITP as a monitoring tool.
Essential resources needed to complete Task 2.1
You will need access to the following resources to complete this task:
· Documentation as listed previously for the construction of this multi-residential development
· AS/NZS ISO 10005:2006 Quality management systems – Guidelines for quality plans.
Key competencies integrated into assessment Task 2.1
· communicating ideas and information
· collecting, analysing and organising information.
· working with others and in teams
· solving problems
· using technology.
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders