Assessment 1 is designed to demonstrate research and referencing skills that should be applied to academic studies and in business communication scenarios. This requires students to use information seeking, reading and critical thinking skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from various sources. It assumes students will apply the principles of academic integrity, and use APA 6th edition referencing style.
Read the extract taken from an eBook resource (provided) on the topic of business
Write a summary of the extract, identifying the main points and reference in-text as appropriate (approximately 150-200 words).
Consider the main points you highlighted in your summary, and conduct further research to widen your understanding of the topic.
Then, write two paragraphs expanding on the original topic (approximately 500-600 words). You should draw from the resources from your research to support your ideas and demonstrate critical thinking about the topic.
1. Locate two (2) peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to the topic from the library databases.
2. Locate two (2) other types of resources that support the topic, for instance books, ebooks, YouTube, conference proceedings, film, television, radio, podcast, websites, and social media.
Ensure you include direct quotes and paraphrases as appropriate to support your reasoning.
Reference correctly including in-text citations and a full reference list using APA
6th ed. style. Please see the Academic Skills page on Blackboard for information on referencing in APA 6th ed. style: https://laureate-au.blackboard.com/webapps/blackboard/content/listContent.jsp?course_id=_20 163_1&content_id=_2498847_1&mode=reset
1. Ensure you have a title page with ALL the information required.
2. Submit a ‘Word’ document only. A pdf file is not acceptable.
3. Upload your assessment to Turnitin first (compulsory) to self-check the similar areas of text found in your submission.
Hint: Submit to Turnitin at least one day before the due date. This will allow time to revise your assessment to enhance its quality, check the accuracy of your referencing, correct any other grammatical and spelling mistakes and avoid plagiarism before you submit.
4. Upload both your assessment and Turnitin similarity report into the Assessments section of the learning portal using the submission link for Assessment 1- Referencing assessment. Important: If you upload to Turnitin only, your facilitator cannot see your assessment in the grading area, and it therefore cannot be graded.
5. Use Google Chrome or Firefox browser to upload. Safari browser often does not work.
Your facilitator’s feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders