From the Proceedings of the 11th through 13th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM) (weblinks are available on VU Collaborate), select and review one paper from one of these Proceedings. The paper you select must be directly relevant to business process engineering or business process management. You must identify at least 3 other relevant articles and use them to support your review.
Your response should be limited to 2000 words. Use 1.5 spacing with a 12 point Times New Roman font. Though your paper will largely be based on the chosen article, you must use other sources to support your discussion. Citation of sources is mandatory and must be in the Harvard style.
Many students fail this assignment because they do not know or use the basic skills required for writing a review essay. Help on how to write a review essay is available via the Victoria University Website. Another site with helpful ideas is at: http://www.canberra.edu.au/studyskills/writing .
Your review report must include:
• Title Page: The title of the assignment, the name of the paper you are reviewing and its authors, and your name and student ID.
• Introduction: A statement of the purpose for your essay and a brief outline of how you will discuss the selected article (one or two paragraphs). Make sure to identify the article being reviewed.
• Body: Describe the intention and content of the article. If it is a research report, discuss the research method (survey, case study, observation, experiment, or other method) and findings. Comment on problems or issues highlighted by the authors. Discuss the conclusions of the article and how they are relevant to Business Process Management. Comparing ideas in the article you are reviewing to other articles discussing related topics will add significant strength to your paper. Note that it is expected that there will be many citations referring to the paper you are reviewing.
• Conclusion: A summary of the points you have made in the body of the paper. These should match your stated purpose. The conclusion should not introduce any ‘new’ material that was not discussed in the body of the paper. (One or two paragraphs)
• References: A list of sources used in your text. They should be listed alphabetically by (first) author’s family name. Follow the Harvard style.
The footer must include your name, student ID, and page number.
The following links may assist in finding the required readings through the VU library (‘SpringerLink’ database):
BPM 2015; LNCS Volume Number 9253
BPM 2014; LNCS Volume Number 8659
BPM 2013; LNCS Volume Number 8094
§ Your assignment must be submitted via the Turnitin link provided on VU Collaborate as a single pdf file.
§ The filename for your submission must be in the following format: 3999999Assn2.pdf where 3999999 is replaced your student number.
§ A printed copy of the assignment with the signed assessment declaration is to be submitted to your lecturer.
This form must be completed, signed, dated and attached to each assessment task that you submit for marking.
i) Identifies the paper under review (1)
ii) States the purpose of the student essay (2)
iii) Is refined and clearly stated (1)
iv) Provides an overview of the papers being discussed (1)
i) Contains appropriate material (2)
ii) Presents a well-structured discussion (2)
iii) Uses material from other authors (3)
iv) Summarises and discusses the content of the article(s) (4)
v) Identifies and discusses the article’s conclusions (4)
i) Citations are indicated correctly (Harvard) (2)
ii) Grammatical expression is satisfactory (3)
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders
Personal Profile Dedicated and highly experienced private chauffeur. High energy, hardworking, punctua...
200 - Completed Orders
I'm Lizzy, full time education specialist in English, Essay Writing, Economics and Maths. Having Assi...
109 - Completed Orders