Submission: 11:59 pm Wednesday 3 January 2018, through Turnitin. No paper submission is required.
This assessment aims to test your understanding of research concepts and evidence based practice approach. Using your knowledge gained from lectures, tutorial activities, online activities, assessments and readings, answer to the following questions and submit this as a word document through Turnitin. Where applicable, word requirements have been noted.
You will need to find the information and work out the issues without asking for help from your tutors.
You will only be tested on content discussed in lectures, tutorials, online activities, and readings.
You can contact your subject coordinator if you have unforeseen and exceptional issues, however, assumed knowledge will not be clarified.
One of the underlying concepts explored through this subject was conveying broad clinical scenarios and questions to searchable questions and using refined search terms to extract data.
1. Why is it important to use short and specific search terms in database search instead of long descriptive sentences? (Max 50 words, 1 mark)
2. Describe the relationship between the two frameworks that underpin this subject: Tanner’s Model of Clinical Judgement and Evidence Based Practice? (Max 150 words, 3 marks)
3. Describe the purpose of a systematic review compared to a single randomised controlled trial? (Max 50 words, 2 marks)
CASE STUDY 1: Read the article carried out by McKinstry et al., 2013. A copy of this article is in Assessment 2 folder.
4. What is the advantage of using randomised control trail study design in this particular study? (1 mark)
5. What were the primary and secondary outcome/outcomes in this study? (1 marks)
6. How did the authors assess blood pressures in this study? (1 marks)
7. Has the study used an adequate sample size? Justify your answer (2 marks)
8. The authors claim that the mean difference in daytime systolic ambulatory blood pressure fell between telemonitoring group and usual care group at 6 months was 4.3 mm Hg (95% confidence interval 2.0 to 6.5). What does this tell you? (3 marks)
9. The researchers compared the mean differences in daytime systolic ambulatory blood pressure between telemonitoring group and usual care group at 6 months and reported p=0.0002. What does this tell you? (2 marks)
10. What did the authors find about the effect of telemonitoring on the mean daytime diastolic ambulatory blood pressure? (Back up your answer with the reported statistics)? (3 marks)
nursing assignment, nursing assignment writers, nursing assignment writing service, nursing homework help, nursing homework assignments, do my nursing assignment, help with writing nursing assignments, online nursing assignment help, nursing research paper writing service, nursing assignment help gumtree, nursing assignment writing help
Holding a PhD degree in Finance, Dr. John Adams is experienced in assisting students who are in dire need...
55 - Completed Orders
Canada, Toronto I have acquired my degree from Campion College at the University of Regina Occuption/Desi...
52 - Completed Orders
Even since I was a student in Italy I had a passion for languages, in fact I love teaching Italian, and I...
102 - Completed Orders
To work with an organization where I can optimally utilize my knowledge and skills for meeting challenges...
109 - Completed Orders
JOB OBJECTIVE Seeking entry level assignments in Marketing & Business Development with an organization...
202 - Completed Orders
Current work profile Project manager- The Researchers Hub (2nd Jan 2016 to presently working) Researc...
20 - Completed Orders
Sales Assistant, Mito Marina Assigned to the Stationery dept – assisted in merchandising, stock taking...
100 - Completed Orders